I know what you think – does the world need another guacamole recipe? Well, this is not your usual recipe. Have you ever heard of grilled guacamole? Have you ever tried it? If the answer is no, you are missing out on something great. Luckily, it is easy to make.
Grilled guacamole is involved just grilling the avocado. It does not need any special treatment, just peel the avocados, place them on the grill, and roast for a few minutes.
The final dish is a little smoky, rich and soft guacamole.
Here is the best way to grill guacamole:
What you need:
- 3 sizeable guacamoles
- 1 tomato, finely cut
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
Step 1: Grill the guacamoles
Oil your guacamole slightly with olive oil. Don’t apply too much oil, as this could lead to flare-ups that could ruin your dish. Also, ensure your grill is super-hot before toasting the avocadoes on the grates. Make sure you place the avocado sink side up and let them grill for a few minutes. Lift occasionally to see if it is burned, and once it is well-cooked, remove them from the fire and place them on a plate.
Step 2: Proceed to prepare your other ingredients
Once you have prepared the rest of the ingredients, combine them with the guacamole. Scoop the flesh of the grilled guacamole and put it in a large bowl with other ingredients. Mash the avocado until its delicate texture.
Taste the guacamole and add black pepper or salt if needed. Serve it at once or store it in the fridge until you are ready.
- Fire up the grill to a high
- Cut your guacamoles in halves and remove the seed.
- Rub olive oil onto the flesh of the guacamole
- Place the guacamole skin side up onto the grates and grill for up to 4 minutes, turning to see how cooked.
- Scoop the flesh out and place it in a bowl
- Add your prepared ingredients to the bowl with guacamole flesh and mix them using a fork until it achieves the desired consistency.
- Taste your guacamole and see if the seasoning is perfect
- Serve the guacamole with fresh vegetables or tortillas chips.