There is probably a barbecue party planned. The only problem is that you are still trying to decide which wood to use. Feel relaxed! We will guide you through different types of wood for smoking meat.
Occasionally, wood choices depend on the type of meat you plan on grilling or smoking. For instance, if you want to grill red meat with seasoning to add flavor, go for Mesquite wood. On the other hand, fruit and nut woods taste best with milder meats. We also answer:
- What’s the best wood chips for ribs?
- Is pecan wood best for chicken?
- What wood is better for brisket?
- What are the best smoking wood combinations?
Learn more about these woods so you can cook delicious and hearty BBQ meals for the family.
Peach & Pear Woods
You'll find these top types of wood for use next time you have a barbecue with your friends. The type of wood you pick will depend on your preference.
Walnut, hickory, mesquite, and pecan are choices if you prefer a more spicy taste. Apple, cherry, oak, and fruitwoods are great if you prefer a medium taste. Alder and maple also have mild taste.
Getting a variety pack is perfect if you cannot make up your mind about what wood to smoke.
- Smokehouse Products All Natural Flavored Wood Smoking Chunks, 12 Pack Assorted Flavors
- Camerons Wood Smoking Chips Variety Gift Set - Set of 8 Pints (0.473176 L) Extra Fine Cut Sawdust - Smoking Guns, Smokers, Smoke Boxes (Oak, Apple, Cherry, Pecan, Maple, Bourbon, Hickory, Mesquite)
- WESTERN 80485 BBQ Smoking Chips, 4 pack
Or, as a special treat, you could try Jack Daniels 01749 Wood BBQ Smoking Chips (2 Pack)