Everyone loves to barbecue and to make it unique and possibly better. You can try different woods for smoking. You might think, "ah, this is so basic. I could use any wood for cooking my meat. It doesn't matter."
This post will feature red oak wood chunks. These are excellent for smoking beef or lamb as this is one of the best hardwoods to use. While oak wood can withstand the prolonged hold in the fire, which makes it more acceptable for longer smokes, it hardly overpowers the taste or texture of the meat itself. It's perfect for smoking beef itself.
Lamb and beef have hard textures, and these hard meats need a wood, like the red oak wood, to complement them perfectly to make the meat as good and as tender as it can be. A fun fact about the Red Oak wood is that it came from the northeast United States.
Our recommended red oak wood chunks for smoking barbeques from Amazon are available 1 click away.
Char-Broil Cast Iron Smoker Box
- Durable cast iron body and lid
- Vented to direct smoke towards food
- Add real smoke flavor to any cookout
- Prevents wood from catching on fire
- Works with most grills
This char-broil Cast Iron Smoker Box is one of the best simple products you can use as it has its sturdy body and lid made of iron. It is perfect for Red Oak Woods to support these kinds of hardwoods used for cooking beef as iron can support more prolonged smoking and barbequing session for meticulous and hard to roast meat such as beef and lamb meat.
Aside from that, it is cute, small, easy to use and handle, and does not need huge space to put in. The holes on the grill surface are designed to direct the smoke right through the beef that it will be grilled, and then further on, it will add the natural and straightforward smoke flavor to the meat or food. The robust body and lid cover, made of iron, can prevent the wood from catching on fire.
And if the wood catches on fire, it might affect how the meat is cooked because too much fire can make your beef burned and uneatable. These are just hyperboles, but we can always consider that. Lastly, this smoker box works for all kinds of grills as well.
Smoak Firewood Cooking Wood Logs - USDA Certified Kiln Dried (Red Oak, 08in Pieces (08-10lbs))
- Cooking Wood Logs (7-9 in pieces) - Kiln Dried
- Competition Grade Quality Made in the USA
- USDA Certified pest free
- Provides a long lasting burn which infuses flavor
- Great food starts with Smoak...Taste the difference!
You have the grill; now you need to have the Red Oak Wood itself to kick start your first barbequing session with your most lovely beef meat. You could order online by yourself as this will bring you much more convenience instead of going over through the woods of the USA's northeastern side to find our precious Red Oak Wood that is perfect for cooking beef and lamb meat. You can order it right through Amazon, and it will just be delivered to you right in the convenience of your houses anywhere you at in the USA.
Smoking Chips - (Bourbon Soaked Oak) Kiln Dried, 100% Natural Coarse Wood Smoker Shavings - 2lb Barbecue Chips
- Smoking Wood Chunks - Works with gas grills, charcoal grills, and smoker boxes.
- Barbecue Smoking Chunks - Made of 100% natural raw timber that is precision cut and kiln dried.
- Bourbon Soaked Oak Smoker Wood - Ignited quickly and com-busts completely to create a delicate smoky flavor.
- Bourbon Soaked Oak Coarse Cut Wood Chunks pairs well with poultry, beef, pork, lamb, and game.
- Made in the USA. 260 cu. in. (0.004m³)
This smoking wood chip is a chip you can add to as one of your barbeque essential stuff. Smoking chips helps to strengthen the smoke flavor for your beef and lamb meat. The smoke flavor helps as an additional appetizer to foods that are being barbequed, making the food more pleasant to eat, more mouthwatering to eat that would make you eat more and more of that smoked food. You can say, "it's all in the chips themselves."
Bear Mountain Premium All-Natural Hardwood Red and White Smoky Oak
- SMOOTH OAK FLAVOR: Oak BBQ pellets add a smooth, smoky flavor to your favorite red meat, fish, lamb, pork, or vegetable dish
- ALL-NATURAL HARDWOODS: Made from 100% all-natural hardwoods with no flavorings, fillers, or additives
- LOW MOISTURE: Low moisture content provides the perfect smoke
- USE WITH MULTIPLE GRILL TYPES: Ideal for all outdoor pellet grills, smokers, gas, charcoal, and electric grills
- 20 POUND BAG: Comes in 20 pound bag
Whenever you're looking for a good to go Red Wood Oak chip that you can use anytime you want, you can rely on these resealable packed wood chips from Bear Mountain. In the pack, you get 100% of Red Oak & White Oak Wood, which is readily cut off to an ideal wood chip size. It is packed with resealable plastic so that whenever you're done using it, you can seal it right away and put it on to stack it off on your cabinet for the next barbeque days.