Barbecuing is fun when you have the right tools and atmosphere. A meat cleaver is a prerequisite to barbecuing, especially if you’re interested in having your meat portions a certain way. Owning a meat cleaver will enable you to purchase bulky meats and cut them in your desired shapes and sizes.
Yes, its versatile nature enables many chefs and butchers to use it. But this tool is also fitting for people that just want to cook up some steak in their backyard.
Best Meat Cleavers for Chopping BBQ
Dexter Russell Heavy-Duty Cleaver
- COMMAND THE COOK with a knife that stands up well to tough chopping jobs...
- HEAVY DUTY this cleaver has a thick, durable blade, a handle that will hold...
- STURDY WITH AN EDGE that makes chopping and separating quick and easy
- STAIN-FREE, HIGH-CARBON STEEL BLADE, in thick gauge, is a real workhorse in...
The Dexter Russell Heavy-Duty Cleaver is all about being cost-effective. It may come at an affordable price, but it does the opposite in terms of performance. I’m currently using this knife for chopping my BBQ, and I can personally vouch for it. The 8-Inch blade consists of stainless-steel material accompanied by a wooden handle. One notable highlight about this knife for me would be its sturdy and hefty construction.
The knife also has a circular cut out present on the top corner, which will allow you to hang it for easy storage. It becomes easily accessible for me because I get to hang it for on-the-go use. If you’re someone that continually uses a knife in the kitchen, then this cleaver might be the one for you.
- It is suitable for heavy-duty usage.
- The materials are of high-quality.
- Convenient size and length.
- Durable and reliable at all times.
- Some buyers may prefer a smaller size.
Henckels Classic 6-Inch Cleaver
- Made in Spain
- Fabricated from high quality German stainless steel
- Fully forged construction offers durability and a seamless transition from...
- Professional, satin finished blade boasts precision cutting and is finely...
The Henckels Classic 6-Inch Cleaver consists of a high-quality carbon stainless steel material from Germany. Its durable nature allows it to stand the test of time without any breakage at all. Its forged super-hot blade possesses added strength, unlike most blades in the market. You can quickly identify this blade by its unique triple rivets present on the handle.
One particular feature that stands out the most about this ergonomic knife is its curved end, allowing for a better grip. In general, Henckels knives possess high dependability, so you’ll be just fine with this knife in the long run. And its dishwasher-safe nature is the icing on top of a well-rounded knife.
- The sharpness is its best asset.
- Its carbon stainless-steel material is extremely tough.
- A hole is present on top for hanging purposes.
- You’ll witness excellent balance.
- The handle isn’t the smoothest.
- People with large hands will find it difficult to use.
TUO Heavy-Duty Meat Cleaver
- 【PREMIUM STEEL】In order to ensure the good performance, we specially...
- 【RAZOR SHARP EDGE】The blade is hand-polished by skilled blacksmiths...
- 【ERGONOMIC PAKKAWOOD HANDLE】In addition to the surprisingly comfortable...
- 【TUO LIFETIME GUARANTEE】 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try...
The TUO Heavy-Duty Meat Cleaver has a multifunctional nature that includes handling bones. It can cut through bones, especially the light ones. Its ability to cut other materials will best attract you aside from chopping BBQs. The cleaver’s handle offers top-notch grip at all times, allowing you full control over the blade. It sports a stunning 7-Inch blade that is neither too small nor too long.
The knife’s body consists of HRC 58 German high-quality stainless steel, perfect for long-term usage. This cleaver stems from the fiery phoenix line. The razor-sharp blade of the knife is resistant to corrosion. Both sides of the blade have undergone honing at 18-20⁰, making it efficient.
- Top-tier German steel material.
- The ergonomic handle offers excellent comfort.
- Super sharp blade.
- You’ll receive a lifetime warranty.
- You may find it challenging to cut through more rigid bones.
- It doesn’t come with a hole for easy storage.
Wusthof Classic 6-Inch Cleaver
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel...
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability
- Perfect for breaking down larger cuts of meat, this heavy German cleaver is...
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade...
The Wusthof Classic 6-Inch Cleaver construction material consists of high-quality stainless-steel from Germany. The precision edge technology offers a cutting-edge performance, which is up to 20% sharper. There is also enhances sharpness retention of up to 200%. This unique full-tang meat cleaver is all about heavy-duty usage and is fitting for any bone cutting job. The blade features a 14⁰ cutting angle on both sides, allowing you to exercise fine cutting.
Plus, you can also use it as a brute force cleaver. The handle of the knife has polypropylene molding. Its blade goes through buffing and proper finishing by the craftsman back in Germany. The knife can also resist common knife problems such as stains and corrosion. If you want to cut larger meat portions and chop vegetables with ease, I recommend this knife.
- Durable and long-lasting material.
- The cleaver’s heft allows easy cuts on thick bones.
- Double edge retention.
- It supports both heavy-duty and precision cuts.
- Some users, especially chefs, might prefer wooden handles.
Sato Heavy-Duty Bone Chopper
- Forged stainless-steel blade With Walnut Wood Full Tang Handle
- Blade Length x Width x Thickness: 8" x 4" x 3.5 mm, 1.6 LBS
- Helfty 1.6 lb Weight Will Easily Chop Through Joints and Bones
The Sato Heavy-Duty Bone Chopper is all about heavy-duty chopping because the name itself says that “Bone Chopper.” This knife boasts a tough 8-Inch blade that weighs around 2 pounds. Its handle is one of its best features because you get to have a proper grip. This hefty blade does an excellent job in penetrating and cutting through bones like butter. You can use it for cutting any carcasses like pork, duck, beef, etc.
However, its use doesn’t just limit to meat; but you can cut other materials. The forged stainless-steel material of the knife is super sharp and durable. I applaud this knife for its exceptional performance at a low price. Its sturdy nature makes it extremely comfortable to use, as well.
- Yes, it is hefty but not overly heavy.
- It’s comfortable to use.
- Curved blade for better grip.
- You can cut just about anything with it.
- Prolonged dishwashing may cause some rusting in the long run.
As we are nearing the end of this article, I’m optimistic that any of these meat cleavers will do a great job in chopping your BBQ decide on the blade size and handle that best suits your barbecue requirements. Regardless of what you’re trying to chop, any of these meat cleavers will get the job done for you. I also encourage you to read more smoking meat to level up your BBQ game. Soon, you’ll be quickly chopping meat-like, “hooked on phonics.”