Are you looking for budget-friendly air fryers? Look no further, we have got it covered. Air fryers come in different price ranges, sizes, and features. In this article, we cover the best budget quality air fryers for under a hundred dollars, plus, we will answer:
- How big do I need an air fryer for two people?
- Are air fryers easy maintenance?
- Which air fryer makes the crispiest food?
Our Overall #1 Rated Pick
- It comes with an adjustable temperature feature.
- This product comes with an in-built safety feature, thus avoiding overheating.
- The product comes with a non-stick feature allowing it to clean without any hassle.
Our top pick for air fryers under $100 is the Vortex 2QT 4-in-1 air fryer from Instant Pot. This kitchen appliance is an oven cum air fryer, making it more exciting and allowing you to expand your cooking variation. If you're on a budget but looking for a quality fryer with multiple features, then this product should be your choice.
You can air fry, reheat, roast, and broil in this appliance. The capacity of this air fryer is 2 quarts which are perfect for a family of two. Plus, if you're looking for a small capacity fryer, then this would be a good choice for you.
What we like
4-in-1 functionality: We like the functional aspects of this product as you can do multiple cooking apart from fries. You can utilize this kitchen appliance for multiple purposes, from roasting to air frying.
Compact design: This kitchen appliance can fit on any countertop because of its size. It's a well-designed product that takes less space for storage.
Easy to clean: The product comes with a non-stick feature allowing it to clean without any hassle. Plus, it's dishwasher safe too.
What size air fryer do I need for a family of 2?
When it's just you and your partner, a two-quart air fryer would be a perfect choice. The size is large enough to make six chicken wings at a go. This size is perfect for light cooking and appetizers. Plus, you can make enough vegetables for two people.
If you're into versatile cooking, you can choose an air fryer's size ranging from 3-5 quarts. An air fryer's size can go up to 16 quarts, the largest.
One of the vital factors to consider before buying an air fryer is the size. That way, you can choose one that's compatible with your lifestyle. For instance, buying a small capacity air fryer would be a waste if you have a large family. When you overcrowd food in a fryer's basket, the hot air will not reach all around the food, leaving it undercooked.
What is a good but inexpensive air fryer?
Air fryers have become a popular kitchen appliance in recent years because of their less oil absorption. It has become a favorite appliance among health enthusiasts as it helps cut down on calories.
Today, various air fryer manufacturers are producing multiple ranges of air fryers. Additionally, you will see this kitchen appliance with different price ranges from budget-friendly to expensive ones.
Popular brands like Instant Pot have air fryers available reasonably priced with good functionality. Undeniably, expensive ones offer quality and come with sophisticated features. However, cheaper air fryers have features and quality on par with the high-end ones.
A budget air fryer comes with essential features, including adjustable temperature, non-stick basket, compact design, and good safety features. So, when you're looking for cheaper air fryers, you should see that it has all these aspects. That way, you will know that it's a suitable kitchen appliance.
Which air fryer makes the crispiest food?
There is no definite answer to which air fryer makes the crispiest food. Multiple air fryers from different brands deliver excellent results. The question lies with how you cook it. Because even if you have a high-quality fryer but follow the wrong method of cooking, then it won't obtain the desired result.
So, to get an even and crisp food while cooking in an air fryer, you should consider multiple factors. Some of them are as follow:
- Dried food produces the crispiest result while cooking in an air fryer. You can make any food in this kitchen appliance, including onion rings, corn dogs, and doughnuts but don't expect it to be that crispy.
- Don't overcrowd the food basket if you want a good crisp. Let the hot air circulate freely to reach all around the food.
- Avoid using excessive oil as it will drip at the tray's bottom. You can use two tablespoons of oil at max and not more than that.
- It's also necessary to clean your air fryer to eliminate crumbs and flavors after every use.
What are the disadvantages of air fryers?
Air fryers have various positive aspects, but they come with disadvantages like any appliance. And if you're new and planning to get one, then you should expect some of these issues:
- Air fryers come with a ventilator for air circulation, which sounds like a vacuum cleaner. It can be pretty noisy and irritating for some people, but if you're okay with it, then you're good to go.
- One of the common complaints about air fryers is the cleaning process. The cleaning process can be tedious, especially if you make battered foods. The best option is to clean after every use so that the stain doesn't stick and form a gunk.
- Air fryers can be pretty expensive compared to deep fryers, but they are more versatile and an excellent alternative to healthier cooking.
- The cooking time is longer in the air fryer when compared to a deep fryer.
- This kitchen appliance is suitable for small and medium families. You need to buy a large-capacity air fryer if you have a large family.
Are air fryers healthier than fryers?
The USP of an air fryer is that it consumes less oil to cook, which is good for your health. When there is an excess of oil in a food, it can cause various health issues, including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
When oil frying starchy food, it produces the chemical acrylamide that is linked to causing cancer. However, it's been reported that using an air fryer reduces the amount of this chemical by 90%, making this kitchen appliance a better alternative to a fryer.
Although this appliance comes with certain disadvantages, it's better than a fryer overall. But you should also note that having excessive fries is not good for your health. Even if an air fryer absorbs less oil, there is still oil in your food. So, the best way is to follow a balanced diet, thus adding benefits to your health.
Are air fryers easy to clean?
One of the common issues with an air fryer is that it's hard to clean. Some products have received a good rating in the cleaning test, but most of these appliances are not easy to clean.
Since it doesn't use much oil, one may think that there would be less oil splatter. But you should know it still ends up at the basket drawer's bottom. And if it's not cleaned, it will produce an odor, or the crumbs will get stuck.
Therefore, to avoid all these issues, it's advisable to clean your air fryer after each use. That way, it will make the cleaning process simple and easy. Additionally, it will help prevent odors that may harm your food.
Are air fryer baskets non-stick?
The air fryer's basket consists of both non-stick and stainless steel. You can choose any type you like, but you should consider multiple aspects if you're opting for non-stick. For instance, most of the non-stick coating for baskets is Teflon, which can be harmful if exposed to high temperatures. So, if you're using an air fryer with this coating, don't cross the heat to 400F.
Stainless steel baskets are free of toxins and don't produce fumes when exposed to extreme heat. You can opt for a ceramic non-stick coating that can resist high temperatures and is free of harmful toxins. The only downside is that if the food gets stuck or doesn't clean on time, it will be hard to remove the dirt, leaving scratches.
- HEALTHIER FRIED FOOD: Dash Tasti-Crisp Air Fryer uses AirCrisp Technology...
- QUICK plus EASY: Short on time. Simply load the 2.6-qt capacity fryer...
- SAFER: The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking and the cool touch...
- VERSATILE: The redesigned Crisper Basket allows for greater surface area...
The 2.6-quart size electric air fryer from Dash is perfect for a family of two to four. It uses technology that consumes less oil but produces tasty food. Additionally, it's lightweight and can fit on any countertop.
What we like
Compact design: This kitchen appliance is well-designed, allowing you to put this at any counter space. Plus, you can carry it on your camping trip or for any other purpose.
Safety: It comes with an auto shut feature that prevents overheating and avoids overcooking. Plus, the cool touch handle allows you to hold the handle without getting burnt.
Versatile: It's a versatile air fryer to cook multiple dishes, from spring rolls to chicken fries.
- Turn your instant pot into an air fryer: With one quick switch, unlock a...
- Easy to use: The detachable air fryer lid for Instant Pot is easy to handle...
- Advanced safety: Overheat protection, automatic shutoff and more
- Air Fryer Accessories: The multi-level air fryer basket with dehydrating...
Get this detachable air fryer lid if you have an Instant pot appliance with you. It's easy to attach, and you're allowed to use it only with a stainless steel basket. It's compatible with 6 quarts models, including Nova Plus, Duo, Lux, Ultra, Viva, Duo Gourmet, Duo Nova, and Duo Plus.
What we like
Accessories: We like the accessories that come with this product. It has a multi-air fryer basket broiling and dehydrating tray. Plus, all these accessories can be put in the dishwasher.
6-in-1 functionality: With a switch in the lid, you can expand your cooking variation. You can perform six functions: air fry, reheat, broil, dehydrate, bake, and roast.
Easy to use: The lid is easy to switch and attach without any hassle. However, you should see that it's compatible with Instant Pot models.
- HEALTHY FRYING: Achieve perfect fried results with little or even no oil!...
- SPACE SAVING COMPACT SIZE: The personal size air fryer saves space on your...
- VERSATILITY: Manual temperature control & 60-minute integrated timer lets...
- EASY CLEAN: The Black basket and tray are removable and top rack dishwasher...
The compact designed air fryer from Chefman is a user-friendly product available at an affordable price. This kitchen appliance is great for a small family of two to three.
What we like
BPA free material: We like this air fryer because it's made of toxin-free materials. Their non-stick baskets and other accessories are free of toxins that can affect your health.
Compact size: It's a compact air fryer allowing you to place it anywhere you want. It takes less space for storage, making it a suitable product.
Easy to clean: The cleaning process is easy as you can remove the tray and basket, making it easier to clean.
- Enjoy Food with Less Fat or Oil: With Ultrean air fryer you can enjoy the...
- Get a Multifunction Cooker That Saves Your Time and Money: Aside from air...
- Hassle-Free Operation: With accessible buttons and an easy cooking set up,...
- Easy to Clean: It has a nonstick pan, heat-resistant handle, and a...
Ultrean air fryer comes with an LCD digital screen, making it easier to adjust time and temperatures. It comes in a 4.2-quart size, perfect for a family of four to five.
What we like
Easy to use: This kitchen appliance is easy to operate because of its simple, functional aspect. The air fryer would be great for a first-time user.
Multi-functional use: Whether baking, roasting, air fry, or grill, this kitchen appliance covers up all, making it a suitable product.
Scratch-resistant: It's made of quality material with high resistance against scratches, making it a durable product.
Air fryers are worth investing in if you like to have a healthy lifestyle. Fortunately, many manufacturers have budget-friendly fryers.If you're planning to get one, you can opt for Instant Vortex 2QT 4-in-1 air fryer. It's a quality product with multiple features, good functionality, and is great for beginners.