The juiciest and the most tender meat aren't made by accident, requiring a lot of time, effort and attention. One of the most critical components of this is temperature checks. The best meat thermometers will tell you exactly how hot the temperature is to decide how you want the meat to be cooked.
In this article, we shall go through the top 5 best WiFi meat thermometers and some of the most frequently asked questions like:
- Is there a meat thermometer that works with Alexa?
- What meat thermometer do chefs use?
- Can I leave my wireless meat thermometer in an oven?
Our Overall #1 Rated Pick
The Meater Plus Smart Meat Thermometer with Bluetooth is unarguably one of the most outstanding inventions. The Bluetooth technology lets you monitor your smoker's temperature remotely! This thermometer is dishwasher safe, so you can easily wash it even if it gets any food residue over time.
What we like:
Bluetooth technology: This is extremely helpful when entertaining guests outdoors, and you won't have any hanging wires and cables knotting up.
Easy to use the app: The thermometer comes with an application that you can download. The app is available for both Android and iOS users. It has a range of preset programs that you can choose from for different kinds of foods to grill and smoke.
Guided Cook System:
You can turn on notification alerts that tell you how high the temperature is and send you alerts when the food is done.
Is there a meat thermometer that works with Alexa?
Yes. There are thermometers in the market today that you can connect to Alexa. These Alexa-compatible thermometers help you keep a close watch on your food even when you're not standing next to the grill. You're free to multitask without the risk of burning your food or overcooking your meal.
This system is available for the MeaterPlus Smart Meat Thermometer as well. With this technology, you don't even have to check your phone. You can talk to Alexa, and she will give you all the updates on your meat and cooking process. You need to be signed in to your Meater Cloud account with a stable internet connection for this to work.
What meat thermometer do chefs use?
Most professional chefs use meat thermometers that come with probes because these are the thermometers that give you the most accurate readings.
Do professional chefs use a meat thermometer?
Yes, all professional chefs swear by using a meat thermometer when cooking meat. Especially pitmasters who are hardcore grilling enthusiasts make it a point always to use a meat thermometer to ensure that their meat is always cooked to perfection.
Meat thermometers take away the guesswork you have to do when cooking meat since you almost always have an accurate reading of the temperature so you can tell when the meat is done.
Can I leave my wireless meat thermometer in an oven?
Yes, there are a lot of meat thermometers that are built to withstand the heat inside an oven. They are called leave-in thermometers and are generally the best types of meat thermometers.
This is because you can constantly check the food temperature in real-time instead of pop open your grill to check the temperature at different intervals. Always make sure that you use a food-grade leave-in thermometer inside an oven or a grill
How do WiFi meat thermometers work?
WiFi thermometers work with Bluetooth technology. First, insert the probe in the meat and pair the device with your smartphone. Typically, you have to download an app for the device to work.
When the device is paired up, you will see the food's temperature on your device in real-time. You can choose different settings, such as preset programs available on the app. You can also set notifications alerts on your phone for the temperature updates from your thermometer.
Are wireless meat thermometers accurate?
Most wireless meat thermometers are accurate. You can check the accuracy of your thermometers by plunging them in a glass of normal temperature water. The thermometer is accurate if the temperature shows 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius.
How to set up your wireless thermometer for measuring temperatures?
If your thermometer has a calibration reset button, you can press this button to set up your device. If your device doesn't have a dedicated button, you can set it up by dipping it in room temperature water.
If the reading shows 32 ℉ or 0 ℃, it is accurate and ready to be used. If the reading is wrong for analog thermometers, turn the thermometer upside and slightly adjust the nut with a wrench.
What is the temperature range of a meat thermometer?
Typically, all meat thermometers can withstand temperatures up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Some thermometers with probes can go up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to use a meat thermometer with Bluetooth?
- Read the instructions on the packaging of your thermometer first and check what apps you might need to pair your device with your phone.
- Connect the device to your phone.
- Insert the meat probe with the thermometer inside the meat. Note that the thicker the meat, the deeper the probe should be inside the meat. But also make sure that if you are grilling meat with bones, the probe does not touch the bone of the meat since this can cause a false reading of the temperature.
- Some apps have pre-built programs for different cooking styles, such as cooking meat rare or medium-rare. There are also options for a different meat such as pork or beef. Additionally, you may also find that some apps have specific parts of the meat you are cooking.
- After choosing the appropriate option, you can choose the temperature range.
- You can click on the start or the cook option, depending on what your app shows.
- Now, you can monitor the cooking process through the app. You can even turn on alert notifications if you want to notify your updates.
Why Shouldn't You Use The Dial Thermometer On Your Grill?
It is not recommended that you use a dial thermometer to check the temperature of your grill. Since grills can experience a lot of flare-ups that can damage the thermometer, if you want to check the temperature of your grill surface, you can use a grill surface thermometer.
These thermometers are specifically designed to check grill surfaces and will do a better job of getting an accurate response.
Where Should You Place A Grill Thermometer?
If you are using a leave-in thermometer, you can insert the probe through the holes in the grill or smoker explicitly designed for this. This works for both wired and wireless thermometers because the holes are designed to fit the cables instead of having to close the lid on the cables.
- Completely wireless: The Yummly Smart Thermometer monitors temperature...
- Bluetooth connected: Control your cooking from up to 150 feet away with the...
- Built-in timers and alerts: Go ahead and multitask. We'll tell you when to...
- Assisted cooking programs: Preset programs for meat, fish, and poultry...
This thermometer works with the Yummly app, which is an award-winning App. It comes with loads of preset programs that can help you cook the best meal of your life!
The Yummly Premium Wireless Smart Meat Thermometer's wireless Bluetooth technology has a massive 150 feet range, so you can freely multitask while cooking your food.
What we like
Thermometer extractor: It comes with an extractor for your thermometer so that you can keep your hands protected at all times when retrieving the device from the frill or smoker.
Alerts and timers: The app and the device work together to send you alert notifications on your phone. The app will tell you when to turn off your grill if you use the built-in timer.
Leave-in thermometer: You can leave this thermometer in the grill or the smoker, so you get real-time updates on the temperature of your food.
- Bluetooth Monitor Remotely: Govee bluetooth meat thermometer can tranfer...
- Food Temperature Suggestions: With this wireless meat thermometer, you can...
- Smart Alerts: Avoid the risk of overcooking or burning your food. Once your...
- Food Grade Waterproof Probes: With ±1.8°F/1°C accuracy, our wireless...
The Smart Govee Bluetooth Meat Grill Thermometer comes with 304 stainless steel meat probes that withstand high temperatures. These probes give you accurate readings so you can rest assured that the food will be cooked to perfection.
What we like:
Preset temperature and alerts: You can use the presets that come with the thermometer for different foods. When the temperature exceeds the preset range, the device will send alert notifications to your phone.
LCD Screen with White Backlight: You can easily view the LCD on this thermometer because of the bright white backlight, even in dark conditions.
Strongback Magnets: The integrated magnets in the thermometer can be used to stick it to the fridge or on any magnetic surface for easy and convenient storage.
- MONITOR YOUR COOKING FROM 200 FEET AWAY- The wireless meat thermometer...
- EASY APP&TIMER,ALARM- With more than 11 modes USDA preset temperature...
- 2 PROBES SIMULTANEOUS MONITORING&SAFE STAINLESS STEEL- 2 probes are...
- LARGE LCD DISPLAY& QUALITY CERTIFICATIONS- Large LCD screen and number...
The BFOUR Digital Meat Thermometer Wireless Bluetooth has a massive over 300 feet range. It comes with an advanced 5.0 Bluetooth version which provides a solid and reliable connection. You can even attach two probes simultaneously to measure the temperature of different foods. You can use this thermometer to add a maximum of 6 probes.
What we like
Durable probes: With this thermometer, you get 2 high-precision, durable stainless steel probes that can withstand up to 300 degrees Celsius or 572 degrees Fahrenheit.
LCD Display: It comes with a backlight that makes it easy to read the temperature response. You can even use this thermometer at night for barbequing.
Temperature graph: This Bluetooth meat thermometer records the temperature of all the probes and puts it in a detailed graph so you can efficiently cook your meal.
- Remote Monitoring: With this wireless grill meat thermometer, you can spend...
- Meat Temperature Settings: Govee Home App offers USDA-recommended food...
- Smart Alerts: Avoid the risk of overcooking your food, Once your preset...
- Food Grade Probes: Our food grade 304 stainless steel thermometer probes...
The Govee Wireless Bluetooth Meat Thermometer with probe comes with remote monitoring technology, which allows you to control the temperature of your meat with a massive 230 feet range. You can download the Govee Home App on your phone to efficiently monitor the temperature levels of your food. The app's interface is user-friendly.
What we like
Accuracy and Ultrafast response: It delivers results within 1 second with an accuracy of temp accuracy 1.8°F/1°C for a range of 32 degrees Fahrenheit to 302 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures.
Temperature graph: The Govee Application on your phone shows you a clear temperature graph which allows you to monitor your food better.
Strong magnetic back: It comes with a strong magnetic strip on the back of the thermometer, which you can use to stick on the fridge or any magnetic surface.
A good meat thermometer will ultimately grant peace of mind that your meat is perfectly cooked to your taste. Some come with great features such as temperature guidelines, intelligent connectivity, and multiple probes — so you can monitor more than one dish at a time.
We recommend The Meater Plus Smart Meat Thermometer because it is an excellent wireless device. It is quick to respond, easy to use, and accurate in its readings. You can also use the features in-app that will guide you through your cooking process.