Do you want better tasting meat without the extra effort? The Smokenator and Slow n Sear are two accessories for charcoal kettles, commonly from Weber. Each of these is very useful and can make cooking meat more convenient.
Smokenator arrived on the market first and became a massive hit for barbeque enthusiasts. When the latter came along, it took over the throne.
Slow n Sear new charcoal divider performs all the tasks and more. However, lets jump into the comparison and answer these questions:
- Can I turn my Weber grill into a smoker?
- Is the Slow N Sear worth it?
- How do you light a Slow N Sear?
- How do you smoke with a Slow N Sear?
- What's the best way to use the Smokenator and Slow N Sear?
- Slow 'N Sear Deluxe used in a 22” kettle grill you already own turns a...
- Cook low 'n slow (225F) for 8+ hours on a single load of charcoal with...
- The new removable water reservoir sits inside the charcoal basket and holds...
- Made from over 7 lbs of 16-gauge 430 stainless steel. It comes with a...
Is the Slow N Sear worth it?
Slow N Sear is a valuable accessory meant for the Weber charcoal grill. The smoking and grilling process enhances greatly when you use it with the charcoal grill. The multi-purpose charcoal divider fits perfectly into the kettle grill and divides the grill into two sections.
The stainless steel of the new metal charcoal divider also protects the Weber grill's outer parts (made of porcelain) from the high temperatures of the charcoal.
You can also cook your meat without any hindrance when you use it. It also works smoothly at 225 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 8 hours without the need to refuel. Hence with so many positive aspects attached to it, yes, Slow N Sear is worth it.
How do you light a Slow N Sear?
Lighting the Slow N Sear is a quick and straightforward process. You can get it going if you follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- If you're planning to do low and slow cooking, place unlit charcoal, some dry wood pieces, and about 8-10 burning briquettes in the charcoal divider. Let it heat up for 10-15 minutes to reach your preferred temperature. You can add water if the temperature is too high. Adding water will also make the metal parts last longer. You can keep your temperature in the low heat barbeque zone if you open the lower vents at 25% and the upper vents at 50%. However, you can adjust the vents' position and settings according to the weather and atmospheric conditions.
- If you want to cook your food indirectly or just want some searing done, fill up the charcoal divider with the burning chimney of coals. You can begin once you put the grate on top.
- For extreme temperatures, two half chimneys might work better than one full chimney.
- You can adjust the settings from time to time as required while cooking your food. You might have to add some water or put out some lit coals to decrease the temperature. Different food items will need different settings. So, you can make adjustments as per your needs and preferences.
How do you smoke with a Slow N Sear?
When you complete the setup for the low and slow cooking method, you're ready to smoke your meat with the Slow N Sear. Once the temperature reaches 220-225 degrees (Fahrenheit) and the smoke clears up, you can place the meat, adjust the vents, put in the temperature probe, and close the kettle. It can operate smoothly for at least 8 hours without refuel at 225 degrees (Fahrenheit) depending on the weather, altitude, and quantity of meat.
If your meat size is big, it may take more time to cook at 225 degrees (Fahrenheit). You will also have to add more charcoal after the 8 hours mark. Besides, you will need to adjust the vents too. But wait at least 10-15 minutes between changes, or you may have problems. Your meat should be cooked perfectly in 10-12 hours, depending on the size of meat and the weather, if you maintain the temperature at 225 degrees F.
However, there is no strict rule to keep the temperature only at 225 F. It shouldn't be below that, and it must not exceed 250F.
If you don't have enough time, you can wrap the meat once you check and see that the bark formed perfectly on the surface and the internal temperature reaches 165-170. It will cook faster and also keep the meat moist.
How do you clean Slow N Sear?
You should clean your Slow N Sear after every use for durability and smooth function. Let the remaining charcoal burn out after your cook, and let the residue fall to the ash pan below. Take out the accessory and wash it with water and soap and let it dry or you can wipe it with a cloth. Store in a safe place until you need it again.
No products found.
Is the Smokenator worth it?
Once Slow N Sear appeared on the scene, Smokenator lost its top place. But it is still a handy accessory for smoking meat. If you don't have the former, then the latter will work just fine.
Can I turn my Weber grill into a smoker?
Your Weber grill will transform into a smoker when you add the Smokenator. You can cook restaurant-quality dishes at home with ease and enjoy cooking more.
How do you use a Weber Smokenator?
Using a Weber Smokenator is simple. You can place it in the Weber kettle, and add the coals, and light it up. You can set the meat on once the coals are hot and close the lid. Make adjustments to the dampers and relax. Check to see if you need to add more charcoals from time to time. It will cook at the right temperature, and you will have perfectly smoked meat at the end of the cook.
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press; Built-in lid...
- One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher provides...
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Use the lid hook to avoid placing the lid on the ground while grilling
What's the best way to use the Smokenator and Slow N Sear?
You can use both the accessories with different Weber kettles as they come in several sizes. Among others, the original premium charcoal grill from Weber is an ideal choice. The 22-inch black porcelain kettle is a popular piece of equipment that has a five-star rating from customers. It has plenty of great features and is suitable for both. You can smoke your meat low and slow, sear, or cook at high temperatures with ease.
The Smokenator ruled for a long time until the new charcoal divider appeared. But it does not mean the older version is useless. You can use it efficiently if you don't have the new one. Once you get it (S n S), use both alternately for extended durability and enjoy the tastiest smoked meat at home.