Some flaunt their expensive car outside their homes, and others a perfectly manicured garden. Ever thought of a built-in smoker or built-in grill in your outdoor kitchen? Owning the best built-in smoker in your outdoor kitchen is not merely a style statement. It is a testimony of your love for delicious food and good times with friends and family.
In this article, you will also find out.
Different type of products for different kind of outdoor kitchens
Precautions while setting up an in-built smoker
What are the advantages of an in-built smoker for outdoor kitchens?
5 Best built-in smokers for outdoor kitchens
You want to start a new project to build an outdoor kitchen? Well, pellet smokers and electric smokers work great regardless of whether they are built-in or freestanding, in fact, a lot of barbecue grills and smokers work great outside in their own designated setting. That’s why we built this list below.
- 80, 000 BTU's, 4 Stainless Steel main burners, 900 in² total cooking area
- Dimensions: 66.50" W x 25.50" D x 51.75" H (Lid Closed) | Cooking Area: 17.75 x 28 in
- Led Spectrum night light control knobs and safety feature
- Lift ease roll top lid. double doors for storage and easy roll locking casters
- Infrared rear rotisserie burner
While choices may vary according to specific needs, I recommend the Napoleon Grill. It is widely regarded as the best as it is a heavy-duty smoker and versatile for different cooking types.
With four main stainless burners, this grill provides a wide cooking area. The dimensions are 66.50" W x 25.50" D x 51.75" H (lid closed), and it has a cooking area of 17.75 x 28 inches.
The top lid is an easy lift roll-up lid, and there are storage compartments with easy roll locking caster doors. The other impressive feature is its Infrared rear rotisserie burner.
How to choose the best type of built-in smoker?
You would need to consider three factors before buying a built-in smoker for your outdoor kitchen- the kitchen’s size, kitchen style, and the amount of meat to be cooked. If you have a large household, you should buy one that allows you to cook more in a single batch. The kitchen's size and style also matter as the built-in cooker should not look like an extra piece of equipment but blend in with the outdoor kitchen.
Different type of products
You should know what type of in-built smoker suits your needs. If you are looking for one that is more compact, easy to move around, and portable, the Kamado Joe Stand-Alone Big Joe is an ideal choice. On the contrary, if you regularly need to cook for many people and need a fixed and stationary in-built smoker, the all-season and heavy-duty BrickWood Box Smoker Grill perfectly fits the bill.
Precautions while setting up an in-built smoker for an outdoor kitchen
An outdoor kitchen with a built-in smoker can look great, but it comes with its own sets of challenges. Here some aspects you need to consider before building an outdoor kitchen with an in-built smoker.
Use an insulated grill jacket: You must cover the grill and the combustible material around the grill or cooker with an insulation jacket. It serves two purposes of preventing a fire outbreak and protecting the smoker from corrosion or natural elements.
Proper vent panels: It is essential to place the vent are at least 4 to 6 feet away from the smoker or grill to prevent build-up and a potential fire hazard.
As gas is light, place the vent panels as high as possible. Propane, however, sinks, and a lower vent panel would also suffice.
Right placement of grill and sink: If you want to incorporate enclosed storage cabinets in your outdoor kitchen, do not place them under the grill or sink as the plumbing can come right in the way. Instead, place them a couple of meters away for quick reach or access.
Place smoker and cooling appliances away from each other: Cooling appliances like refrigerators and grills or smokers should be placed at least 1 foot away to prevent malfunctioning.
What are the advantages?
A built-in smoker in your outdoor kitchen makes cooking more exciting and less drab and tedious affair. It enhances the overall festivity when throwing a party or celebrating a birthday or an occasion.
The other advantage of an in-built is that it saves on utility bills using non-renewable fuel and electricity.
Setting-up an in-built smoker in an outdoor kitchen also gives you more space to work while ensuring easier cleaning.
What are the disadvantages?
As it is placed outdoor, it needs extra attention. It must be appropriately insulated to prevent any fire hazards; it must be installed at a safe distance from other grills or smokers and cooling devices and out of the reach of children playing outdoors.
- Built-in wood pellet smoker grill
- 304 stainless steel construction
- 24-pound capacity hopper offers up to 62 hours of cook time; Temperature range between 180 and 700 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can be controlled via Wi-Fi controller (iOS or Android app)
- Overall size: 46 x 32 x 28 inches (W x D x H); Cutout: 42.625 x 24.5 x 16.75 inches (W x D x H); Cooking Grid: 37.375 x 17.625 inches (W x D)
This grill requires wood pellets and will help you save on utility bills. It provides 62 hours of cook time between 180 to 700 degrees Fahrenheit and can be controlled via wi-fi controller via android and ios apps.
The overall size is 46 x 32 x 28 inches (W x D x H), while the cutout size is 42.625 x 24.5 x 16.75 inches (W x D x H). The cooking grid has dimensions of 37.375 x 17.625 inches (W x D)
- The BrickWood Box MEAT SMOKER PACKAGE is one of the many components of the BrickWood Box Outdoor Cooking System - The world’s most versatile, longest-lasting Wood-Fired BBQ, Meat Smoker, Electric / Manual Rotisserie, Boiler / Fryer, Uruguayan Grill and Pizza & Bread Oven!
- BUILT TO LAST A LIFETIME – Our Heavy-Duty Meat Smoker Package is 98% Made in the USA using the highest-quality 304 Grade Stainless Steel (not thin aluminum or painted / galvanized metal). Your BrickWood Box will last for several generations, so our Meat Smoker Package is designed and fabricated for COMMERCIAL-GRADE use. You will be smoking Briskets, Turkeys, Ribs, Chicken, Fish, Pork (and so much more) on the longest-lasting multi-purpose smoker on the market today!
- MEAT SMOKER PACKAGE PARTS LIST – (2) S/S (Stainless Steel) Meat Smoker Doors w/ S/S Spacer & Red Oak Handles, (1) S/S Drip Tray w/ S/S Handles, (1) S/S Smoking Rack (NSF), (1) S/S Heat / Smoke Dissipator, (1) S/S Water / Juice Steam Tray.
- MASONRY BENEFITS OF THE BRICKWOOD BOX – Unlike paper-thin grills and smokers on the market today, the BrickWood Box DIY multi-purpose smoker is built with cinder block, rebar, fire brick, concrete, high-temperature mortar and castable refractory. The Upper and Lower Ovens are encased with 2”-4” of heat-retaining insulation. Simply put, your BrickWood Box will be fully-functional in year 2324… Who else can say that?!
- BUILD WORLD’S MOST VERSATILE SMOKER – The BrickWood Box outdoor cooking system will require DIY fabrication from locally sourced construction materials. For a list of required construction materials, tools and installation instructions, make sure you download the FREE BrickWood Box Installation Manual from our website prior to purchasing to your Meat Smoker Package to see if this system is right for you & your family.
While many smokers and cookers can be limited in uses, this product is unlimited in what it can do-right from boiling to even baking. It is touted as the world's most versatile and long-lasting in-built smoker and grill by pitmasters.
It also comes with an exhaustive meat smoker package part comprising two stainless steel meat smoker doors with stainless steel spacer and Red Oak handles, one smoke dissipator, one stainless steel smoker rack, and one juice and water steam tray.
- Features five chrome-plated cooking grates and a total cooking space of 1382 square inches
- Heavy-Gauge Steel Body Construction. The temperature gauge features a smoke zone which indicates the ideal temperatures for infusing the perfect amount for smoking flavor. Also, the cool to touch handles, allow you to access fuel and food safely.
- Cool-touch spring lid grip provides safer access to food
- Stainless temperature gauge with "Smoke Zone" indicates the ideal temperature for infusing smoke flavor
- Oversized steel wheels for mobility before and after use
This product from Dyna Glo has a unique look and design. The first thing that strikes you is probably the large wheels under the grill which ensures better mobility before and after use.
The other striking feature is the long vertical smoker with many layers for smoking. It has also had a stainless steel temperature gauge to indicate the ideal temperature to infuse smoke flavor.
It has five chrome-plated cooking grates and a cool touch spring-lid grip.
- Breakthrough air lift hinge reduces dome weight by 96%
- Exclusive divide & conquer flexible cooking system multilevel, half-rack design doubles cooking space and frees you to cook different foods on different levels and on different cooking surfaces
- Patented, all-aluminum, no-rust, rain-proof control tower top vent maintains consistent air setting for precise airflow management
- All-new, double-thick wire mesh fiberglass gasket offers superior air-tight seal and 10 times the life of normal industry gaskets
- New advanced multi-panel firebox six-piece design eliminates breakage
Compared to other smokers or grills, the compact size makes it portable to move around and place exactly where you want to.
The multilevel, half-rack design gives you more cooking space and allows you to cook different foods on different levels and cooking surfaces. It is built to last as the outer body is made of ceramic and a control tower top of aluminum. Other impressive features are:
- The breakthrough airlift hinge.
- Gasket made of double-thick wire mesh fiberglass.
- The multi-panel firebox six-piece design.