If you want to enjoy the thrill of having smoked food from the comfort of your apartment or home, electric smokers are your best option.
While a traditional smoker like a charcoal smoker or a gas smoker is more prominent in size and takes up more space in your home, electric smokers are compact and fit inside small apartments.
5 Best Electric Smokers For An Apartment
You just have indoor space but still want to smoke food? That's why we made this list of the best electric smokers for an apartment. This list has my 5 top picks. The smokers are great for small kitchens and even balcony's.
- Cooks up to 4-pound of food at once, cold smoke cheeses
- Safe for indoor use, cooking times reduced by 50-percent
- Digital settings for ease of use
- Sears, cooks and cold smokes
This innovative and lightweight smoker comes with a compact design that is easy to use even in small spaces and indoors. The Emson 8303 Electric Smoker doubles as a pressure cooker and a smoker, so you get a versatile device that can produce mouth-watering meals for you at the comfort of your home. The Emson 8303 Electric Smoker is entirely smoke-free and safe for indoor use.
This smoker also reduces the cooking time by 50 percent, which means that it takes up less electricity. This smoker's pressure cooking aspect also reduces the calories in your food, which is a plus point for anyone who is health-conscious.
The Emson 8303 Electric Smoker comes with a digital time and temperature setting that will allow you to sear, cook, and even cold smoke your food. The cold smoke setting is the best feature of this smoker, which you can use to smoke food like fish and cheese, giving it that aromatic flavor of smokiness.
- For use on indoor stove or outdoor grill
- Compatible with induction stoves
- For use on gas, electric or ceramic stovetops
- Heat safe up to 400 degrees F
- Includes domed aluminum vented cover, drip pan, non stick cooking tray, thermometer and recipe booklet
This is an 8.2-pound electric smoker that is specifically for indoor cooking. It is excellent for apartment use as it doesn't require a very high temperature to cook. The smoker's cover is a dome lid that traps all the heat inside and allows the food's proper cooking.
The Nordic Ware Electric Kettle Smoker includes a water pan and a non-stick smoking rack that makes this smoker easy to clean and manageable. It is effortless to handle and great even for beginners.
Best for indoor and outdoor
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating It’s durable easy to clean and removes the need for butter and oil
- Removable Stand - Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling The easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get great results on any kind of food
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do The fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal no propane and no flare-ups
This smoker weighs 17 pounds and has a serving size of approximately 15 people. The George Foreman Gun Metal Electric Smoker is an apartment approved smoker that requires no fuel to run. It comes with an adjustable temperature probe where you can choose from five different heat settings.
This George Foreman is coated with ceramic coating, giving you a non-stick surface that is easy to clean. This smoker is also made of durable materials and is stain-resistant.
Best smokers for a balcony
Some apartments may also have balconies, which is a plus for those who love grilling and smoking food. Some of the best smokers for balcony use are:
- 730 sq inches of cooking space with 4 chrome-coated racks and 800 watt heating element with full foam insulation
- Blue led display makes reading temperatures and cooking time in direct sunlight easy
- Rf remote controls and monitors temperature, time, internal light, on/off and meat temperature
- Redesigned front access drip pan, smoother operating wood chip loading system and side/top air damper
- Handle and rear wheels makes moving easy
The Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker is made of stainless steel and has a digital panel with RF remote control with which you can turn on or off the temperature and set the time for cooking. This panel helps you monitor the internal heat temperature.
The side wood chip-loading system is one of the stand out features. It lets you add chips without opening the smoker door, so you won't lose any heat from opening the main door. It allows for consistent smoking with a full viewing window at the front so you can sit back and watch as your food cooks in the delicious aroma.
- All Stainless Steel Construction
- Smoker is Insulated to reduce heat loss
- NEW 800 watt heating element (replaceable ) NSF Certified for Restaurant use.
- In. dim. 15"x 15" x 20" Out. dim. 17-1/4" x21-1/2" x 24" add 2-3/4" to height with casters install
- 4" Diameter Rubber Casters and 4 removable shelves included. NEW side handles for easy movement and lifting of the smoker.
The Smokin' it #2 Electric Smoker is ideal for apartment smoking. It is made of 100 % stainless steel design with fiberglass insulation to retain heat. This smoker is easy to use, very portable and comes fully assembled. It also comes with four wheels, making this smoker easy to move around.
The smoker has two latches on the front that securely shuts the smoker so that no heat escapes the smokebox. This makes sure that the food is evenly and consistently cooked through with all the smoke's flavor.
Electric smokers are easy to use and convenient. They do not require charcoal or gas to fire up and are also an exception if you live in a no-fire apartment complex. They are much safer to use and produce smoked food, just as flavorful as other traditional smokers.