Every season is the perfect season for an aromatic, smoky flavored meal. Although barbecuing, grilling, and smoking food is synonymous with a summer afternoon in the backyard, this cannot be further from the truth.
With the development of better technology, you can enjoy a delicious, aromatic, barbecued, smoked meal on a cold winter's day as well. You only have to choose the right smoker, and you're good to enjoy hot smoked meat and vegetables throughout the winter season.
The best type of smoker for cold weather or the winter season is an electric smoker. With electric smokers, you don't have to keep loading it with coal or worry about the gas flaring up since electric smokers start instantly. Some of the best solutions for the best smoking experience in cold weather and the winter season are these five electric smokers:
5 Best Electric Smokers For Cold Weather
It's cold, but you still need to get great tasting smoked food. What do you do? Get an electric smoker made for the cold! We're here to help you find the perfect smoker for that winter weather.
- Digital panel controls on/off, cooking temperature and time
- Electric Smoker dimensions – 20.47" W x 19.88" L x 33.26" H | Max temperature setting – 275ᵒ F | Inside capacity – 2 Turkeys, 4 Pork Butts, 4 Racks of Ribs, 6 Chickens
- Patented side wood chip loading system allows you to add wood chips without opening door
- Thermostat-temperature control for even, consistent smoking
- Fully-insulated body retains heat
The Masterbuilt 2007117 Digital Electric Smoker is known for its excellent performance in any weather conditions. It comes with a wooden chip loading system that helps you get the smoky flavor into the food evenly.
With a fully insulated body, this electric smoker retains the ideal temperatures even if it changes. It comes with four different chrome-plated racks that are easy to clean and manageable.
You get a proper thermostat control that helps you control the temperature inside the smoker and helps you cook the food precisely. The digital control panel that comes with the smoker makes it easy to monitor the temperature.
Even with all these high-tech features, the Masterbuilt 2007117 Digital Electric Smoker is relatively easy to operate and manage.
- All Stainless Steel Construction
- Smoker is Insulated to reduce heat loss
- NEW 800 watt heating element (replaceable ) NSF Certified for Restaurant use.
- In. dim. 15"x 15" x 20" Out. dim. 17-1/4" x21-1/2" x 24" add 2-3/4" to height with casters install
- 4" Diameter Rubber Casters and 4 removable shelves included. NEW side handles for easy movement and lifting of the smoker.
The Smokin' it Model #2 Electric smoker is made with stainless steel construction with a double latch door. This makes it perfect for sealing the smoker's heat. It comes with 100 % heavy gauge stainless steel fiberglass insulation that aid in reducing heat loss. The 800-watt smoker comes with four removable shelves that make the smoker easy to clean and maintain, and It has side handles for easy movement.
Like any other electric smoker, you get a 'set and forget' temperature control that makes for easy use. Another notable feature about this smoker is that it has a shallow drip pan that is removable and dishwasher safe.
The Smokin' it Model #2 Electric smoker is indeed a heavy-duty smoker that maintains the target temperature effortlessly. It is also rust-resistant and durable, making it even more competent to face weather changes.
- Color: Grey
- Size: 15.5"w x 15.5"d x 29"h
- This smoker has a flat top, so juices drip right back onto the food.
- On top of the heating element is a chip tray where you put wood chips for smoke flavor.
- This smoker is controlled by a heat thermostat to allow a wide variety of cooking times and styles.
The Old Smokey 1250 Watt Electric Vertical Smoker comes with adjustable heat control, making it easy for you to manage the smoker's temperature. With various temperatures you can choose from, it helps you cook food at your preferred temperature. The Old Smokey 1250 Watt Electric Vertical Smoker is very easy to assemble and entirely made with aluminized steel that enhances its durability.
This smoker also comes with two plated steel racks that are easily removable, making it easy to clean. The sealed lid that comes with the Old Smokey 1250 Watt Electric Vertical Smoker helps to keep all the juices inside and let the food absorb all the flavors.
The Old Smokey 1250 Watt Electric Vertical Smoker's effective heating mechanism coupled with 1250 watt heating makes this smoker ideal for cold weather.
- Electric smoker for outdoor cooking of meat, vegetables, and more
- Painted-steel wood-chip box; porcelain-coated steel water pan
- 2 cooking grids; 3 temperature settings; magnetic door-latching system
- 2 side handles for convenient transport; easy assembly; instructions included
- Measures 16 by 14 by 30 inches
The Smoke Hollow 30162E Electric Smoker's small size helps this smoker heat up quicker than other smokers, which is a plus point during the winter. This smoker is also easy to move around because of its lightweight, making it very convenient.
The doors on the Smoke Hollow 30162E Electric Smoker have magnetic sealing that ensures a leak-free seal. It also comes with handles, making this smoker easy to maneuver. The Smoke Hollow 30162E Electric Smoker is also great for temperature regulation since it can quickly return to preset temperature levels when the door is open.
- Stainless steel interior
- Rack supports keep racks from tipping over when pulled out
- Heat control moved to smoke generator which will eliminate moisture damage to switch
- Inside dimensions-19 inch above drip tray
The Bradley Smoker Digital 4 Rack Electric Smoker is a simple smoker that gives its user total control in choosing the temperature and cooking time at the push of a button. This smoker gives you the pure smoke taste aided by the smoker's insulated stainless steel.
Also, it comes with a digital interface, which is excellent for long smoke sessions for up to 8 hours. It is a double-duty smoker that you can use for both smoking and as an oven.
Using an electric smoker during the winter season is ideal since you don't have to heat it for a long duration, unlike other smokers. You can also purchase insulation jackets to keep your regular smokers warmer and retain more heat than usual.
The most important feature to consider when buying a smoker is to consider getting a smoker with fire-resistant insulation. This feature is helpful when smoking food in cold weather because as the cooking temperature drops, the smoker tends to absorb the heat from the inside.