Gas smokers are among the most affordable ones on the market. But have you wondered if you could get the best gas smoker for under 200 dollars?
Yes, indeed! Today we have rounded up our favorite gas smokers under the 200 dollars budget.
Here are the results.
5 Best Gas Smoker Under 200 Dollars
Are you just starting your smoking food journey? Don't worry my young novice, i've got you covered. This is the list of the top electric smokers for people starting out.
Our Overall #1 Rated Pick
Our top pick of the best gas smoker under 200 dollars is the 77425 model from Pit Boss. This smoker bears remarkable similarities with 77435 from the 3-series, but there are differences too.
First off, the 77425 model is a tad bit smaller. It has a 676sq—inch cooking area with four racks. The cooking temperature between 100 and 350oF means you can cook, grill, bake and sear with ease.
Also, this gas smoker has a reliable design and construction. The large viewing window is also a nice touch. Moreover, it comes with top features such as stainless steel burners and internal ignition. However, this smoker's door leaks a bit, so you might want to keep an eye on it while smoking your meat.
Besides, the smoker portability is something you will appreciate if you like cooking outside frequently.
How to choose the best gas smoker?
Reliable build quality
When it comes to gas smokers, build quality is proportional to the performance. Consistent smoke, heat, and humidity come from a smoker with well-built components. Consider paying particular attention to smokers with thin doors with substandard material because it reflects the poor quality.
Another essential feature in gas smokers to look for is the size. Of course, how often you cook and what type of meat you cook can help you figure this out. However, watch out for the width of the cooking area as well.
If it’s fillets and hamburgers, you cook most of the time; naturally, a gas smoker with a small cooking area will suffice. However, if you love to work with stacks of ribs on most weekends, consider a gas smoker with a large cooking area. In addition, adjustable cooking grids can also make a big difference.
Smokers with premium price tags are not always the top performers. A low-priced gas smoker gas can easily give an expensive one a run for its money in many instances. The list of gas smokers on our list is a great example.
Ease of cleaning
Gas smokers need frequent cleaning. So consider those with removable racks, grease pans, and non-stick ones. Besides, some smokers have dishwasher-safe components that are effortless to clean.
What's the best way to use a gas smoker?
To get the most out of a gas smoker, we share some of the top tips below
Cooking at the right temperature
Different food items cook at different temperatures. Ideally, you want to hot smoke a rib between 230 and 250oF, while baking is best around 400oF, give or take. This is important to ensure that the food is cooked right and brings out the most genuine taste.
Flavoring the food
Marinating, brining, and seasoning are some ways to bring out the flavor in the food. However, there are other ways to make them more flavorful.
Consider adding wine to the water tray to enhance the flavor of the meat. Additionally, smoking the meat with herbs, seaweeds, and spices can add a unique flavor to the food.
Of course, these smoking alternatives should be used with suitable hardwoods and not as a standalone.
Precautions for using a gas smoker
Avoid using the gas smoker while it is raining or snowing outside.
Adjust the rear vent to allow sufficient air circulation.
Thick gloves and an apron should be a compulsory accessory for protective clothing.
Alternative options for the best gas smoker under 200 dollars.
- 5. 45 SQUARE FEET OF INTERIOR: The spacious 5. 45 square foot interior means there is plenty of room to smoke a variety of meats along with several trays of vegetables. The vertical footprint makes it a perfect size for patios and barbecue kitchens.
- Product Dimensions: 19.3" L x 18.1" W x 38.6" H | Weight: 69.5 lb
- FOUR 14 X 14-INCH REMOVABLE STAINLESS STEEL SHELVES: Four stainless steel racks can be easily removed for smoking whole birds or large cuts of meat. Racks are dishwasher safe, making cleanup easy.
- BUILT-IN THERMOMETER: Features easy-to-read thermometer on the front door for accessible monitoring of the internal temperature.
- TOTAL TEMPERATURE AND SMOKE CONTROL: An adjustable gas supply gives control over the amount of heat. Optimal smoker access through two doors and a rear vent can be opened or closed to control the amount of heat and smoke exiting the oven.
Despite its slim design, the COS-244 has a 784sq. Inch cooking area, so you have plenty of room for cooking. Besides, it has four stainless steel shelves, which is a personal favorite. They are also dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning a breeze.
Moreover, smoke control and temperature control also allows effortless use. In addition, this 36-inch smoker comes with a built-in thermometer and a two-door design.
- A total of 784-square inch of cooking space for smoked flavored foods. 4 adjustable steel wire racks
- A 15,000 btu cast iron burner with an electronic push button ignition, and a large control dial
- Porcelain enameled steel wood chip box with handles and lid for choice of wood chips and porcelain enameled steel water bowl
- An easy to use double-door design (upper/lower) for greater heating/smoking, cooking control, sliding air dampers on top and sides for the choice of smoked/cooking heat control options, and a nice decorative temperature gauge with decor ring
- Csa certified. warranty 1 year limited. assembly dimensions length 27-inch by depth 19.20-inch by height 46.46-inch weight 54 lbs
The DGY784BDP quickly takes the trophy for the best-looking design in a smoker. It comes with a double door design and black powder coat—moreover, the 784sq. Inch cooking area is also a top feature we appreciate.
The ignition button is a fantastic feature that is uncommon for smokers in this price range. Furthermore, the te
- 595 square inch cooking surface with 3 chrome-plated cooking grates
- 7,566 cubic inches of cooking space
- Warming rack on top of smoker chamber
- Gas feature allows consistent heat for better smoke experience
- Porcelain wood chip and water pan
The 12701705-DI model from Char-Boil is also a contender for the best gas smoker under 200 dollars. It has 595sq. Inches of cooking space, so you will be cooking a lot of food here. The double door design makes this smoker practical and aesthetically pleasing too.
A top feature we love is the adjustable dampers that allow effortless heat control. In addition, the three smoking racks make cooking easy and effortless. You will also find the temperature gauge very useful while this smoker is in use.
- Item Package Dimensions: 42.925 L X 46.736 W X 81.788 H (Cm)
- Product Type: Barbecue Grill
- Item Package Weight: 24.652 kgs
- Country Of Origin: China
This hefty-looking gas smoker from Smokehouse rounds up our list of the best gas smoker under 200 dollars. The temperature range of 180 to 500oF in this one is awe-inspiring. You might need to put in some effort while working at low temperatures. However, you can cook, bake, grill, smoke, and more with this smoker.
In addition, this smoker comes with temperature control and gauge, which are pretty standard. Furthermore, the magnetic seal on the door of this smoker is an excellent feature as it keeps the door firmly in place.