Your friends and family will be surprised at how delicious your smoked steak tastes without you having to deal with the hassle of cooking! Find out which are the best pellet smokers under $200.
In this article, you will also learn.
What are the advantages of pellet smokers?
What are the disadvantages of pellet smokers?
What to look for in a pellet smoker?
5 Best Pellet Grills under $200
Want an excellent pellet smoker at a great price? You've come to the right place. Below are our top picks after testing and looking at customer reviews.
- Traditional charcoal grill with side firebox for Texas style barbecue
- Grill barrel and side firebox provide heavy-gauge powder-coated steel construction; nonstick cast-iron cooking grates for even heating
- Removable charcoal drawers allow users to add charcoal and dump ashes easily; double bottom for long-term durability
- Additional features include temperature gauge, storage rack and 2 wheels for easy transport. Heavy Duty Steel Construction
- 580 square inches of cooking surface ; 250 square inch side fire box for either charcoal cooking or smoking ; Total cooking area of the Char-Griller grill and smoker is 830 square inches
Char-Griller E22424 made it to the top of my favorites list because of its spacious cooking area and durability. With a total of 830 square inches of cooking space, it is ideal for hosting the most fun-filled barbecue party.
If you search for a smoker that will accommodate a lot of food and last a lifetime, your search ends here. It is easy to clean and use, and it comes at an affordable price which makes it an ideal choice for any barbecue lover on a budget.
What are the advantages of a pellet smoker?
Pellet smokers have a wide range of features that set them above other types of smokers. They have easy set-and-go features that allow for an evenly smoked flavor without much hassle. You can just set the grill and go about your duties as the smoker holds heat and smoke over your meat, giving it a consistent mouth-watering flavor. You don't have to worry about the food being undercooked or overcooked. Unlike other smokers that require some skill for a good barbeque, pellet smokers are suitable for novices.
The wood pellets burn efficiently, and there is little wastage. Plus, they work on electrical current and can pre-heat very vast, giving you control over the temperature to the extent of 5 to 10 degrees F. The wide range of flavored wood pellets in the market also enables you to flavor your meat with your favorite wood pellets.
What are the disadvantages of pellet smokers?
However, despite their versatility and convenience, there are also some disadvantages to these famous smokers. For instance, they are much more expensive than other smokers and can cost anywhere from $400 up to a whopping $4000 or more. Since they operate on electricity and are quite heavy, portability isn't a strong forte with pellet smokers. You need a constant power source, and moving it around can be a big hassle. Moreover, if you turn up the heat, it will produce lesser smoke, so if you love the heavily smoked flavor, you may find pellet smokers too mild.
What to look for in a pellet smoker?
The first thing you want to look for in a pellet smoker is the kind of construction material the manufacturer has used. The material will determine if your smoker will go the long mile and give you your money’s worth. You also want a hopper that has enough storage space that ensures enough hours of cooking time. Asking yourself if you will be cooking for a large company or if you intend to stuff in an entire turkey or a pig will help you decide on the right size. Besides these basic features, wifi capability, meat probes, temperature control, length of the warranty, and grilling options are other factors you can consider before paying your bills.
- 801 Square Inches: Includes 443 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates, 169 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack and 189 sq. in. offset smoker.
- Tasty Smoke Flavors: The offset smoker is firmly attached to grill to ensure good circulation of heat and smoke. Easy to open side door to add charcoal and remove ashes; air vent stokes fire instantly.
- Adjustable Pan: 2-level height-adjustable charcoal pan creates better heat control and holds up to 4.4 lbs. of coal.
- Temperature Monitor: Lid-mounted thermometer gauge helps check and monitor the cooking temperature and you can cook with great confidence.
- Ample Space: Front and side tables offer workspace for seasonings and grilling tools. The bottom shelf provides extra storage space and holds up to only 20 lb. accessories when they are evenly distributed.
True to its name, you can prepare delicious gourmet meals that impress your family with this smoker. It has a compact design, weighs 54.2 pounds, and can easily fit into your balcony or patio. The best thing I love about this smoker is its dual-style barbeque with both grill and offset smoker.
It has an adjustable heat control system and is easy to clean up. Another great feature is the ample storage space. A total of 800 square inches of cook space ensures you get all your dishes into the smoker and cook them all at once.
- Dimension: L*H*W 45*39*19.7 inch, 418 Square Inch cooking surface:(main grill-279 sq. in +warming rack – 139 sq. In), suitabe side for home use and 2 easy-transport wheels for outdoor use.
- Traditional charcoal grill with offset smoker combination for dual style barbecue. The offset smoker can smoke food，Reduce Smoking And Offset Heat.
- Your purchase includes Includes smoke stack, temperature gauge, scald-proof handle, side air vent, and wheels to transport，Convenient Side Shelf and Bottom shelf.
- Both high-quality hardware and detailed assembly manual are included,Assembly required,better to store in a dry conditions.
- Reliable and Friendly Service: We are online for 24h and 7days a week. Every questions about our product will get warm and prompt service.
CharaHome BBQ charcoal grill with an offset smoker is a highly versatile cooker that is ideal for 8 to 10 people. It is made of durable steel and two adjustable dampers to control heat. The wooden shelves add to its versatility and convenience. Just grill your meat and serve it right on the wooden frames.
- 【Outdoor BBQ Grill】: Lovely Snail outdoor charcoal grill is easy to assemble and super perfect for 1-3 people BBQ party with a proper dimensions 16.5 x 11.8 x 14.6 inch. This camping grill offers you a multitude of options and new taste experiences.
- 【Versatile Charcoal Grill】: This charcoal grill with a vertical pipe smokestack features innovative cylindrical design creating a three-dimensional heating environment that is conducive to food braising, locking the juice of food even the freshness and tenderness.
- 【Healthy & Premium Quality】: The BBQ charcoal grill is made from steel with sturdiness and durability for years to come, while the grilling net is made of 304 stainless steel, which is non-sticky, high temperature resistant, and even heat conduction, making the grilled food more delicious and healthy.
- 【Precise Cooking】: The thermometer on the lid of the grill is designed to observe and regulate the temperature, making the baked ingredients more delicate and delicious. Two adjustable air vents on the side for precise temperature control while the vent of the chimney for better braising.
- 【Easy to Assemble & Use】: Our barbecue grill with wooden handle is portable and ideal for grilling, cooking and smoking whether fish, meat, vegetables or poultry. Grill with charcoal or slow cook with wood chips smoke. If you have any quality problem with items, please contact us.
It’s a great idea to build your smoker by combining sturdy and affordable pieces. Expert Grill Heavy Duty 24” charcoal Grill works great with Lovely Snail Charcoal grill as an offset smoker. Both pieces are well-built and easy to assemble. If you do not mind putting some effort into building your custom smoker, you've got to try combining these two.
Are you looking for a pellet smoker for an outdoor adventure? Pit Boss Pellet smoker is your best bet! This smoker features a 256 square inches cook space and 7 pounds hopper capacity with convenient handles and lid lock that makes it the best outdoor smoker.
Whether you are boating or tailgating, this smoker is the perfect company for adventurous people who often hit the road. It is also ideal for a small family.