Ever wondering on how to make your life easier and just simply hitting the switch on to grill some of your meat for your one whole Sunday blast of barbeque day? Worry no more because there are actually grills and smokers that could help you out and remove you out of discomfort and additional efforts when it comes to cooking food and grilling.
We reviewed these top electric smokers for this year 2020 based on their functions, remarkable features and use, and their marketability and products affordability wherein you can choose any of these top smokers as according to what and how it fits accordingly to your needs. Read each one of them and check out yourself.
- Masterbuilt MB20074719 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker, 40-inch, Stainless Steel
This electric smoker is so high tech that it uses Bluetooth technology. Its Bluetooth Smart technology allows you to control your meat and smoker temperature from your smart device or from your any digital control panel. It also has a thermometer included for you to check the temperature. It has a secured and patented side for wood chips that allows you to add wood chips. Lastly, it has a built-in interior light that glows on the food when the grill door is being opened. If you’re looking for the best electric grill that is so trendy and high tech nowadays, this is for you. In all aspects, this electric grill is perfect in all features when it comes to having the coolest grill in the town which would make your colleagues, barbeque friends go over wow with your new gadget.
Pros of Masterbuilt MB20074719 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker:
- Big amount of room – With 975 square inches of cooking space and 4 racks, you can produce a lot of food and feed a crowd of friends and visitors
- Wheels to move easier – Lot of electric smokers are not portable for some reasons. But through back wheels of the Bluetooth Masterbuilt, these make moving the smoker lot easier.
Cons of Masterbuilt MB20074719 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker:
- Bluetooth app Range – Many people have reported issues with the Bluetooth app disconnecting because of quite limited range.
- Other app problems – Though many issues have had fixed in the latest versions of the app, people have had issues before with the app randomly increasing the temp.
If you are buying this electric smoker only for the Bluetooth feature, you might be disappointed. But if you are never planning on using the Bluetooth, this is still an excellent electric smoker.
Satisfied User Takeaway: “… Already paired Bluetooth and am smoking chicken and a beef roast. Paired easily, the app is fantastic. The smoker itself is great. Holds a lot of variety, is producing a great amount of smoke, and most importantly is working properly! Our last smoker was a Masterbuilt, we still have it and it still works actually but we needed something a little smaller because we moved and don’t have as large a patio. Absolutely happy with this purchase, love Masterbuilt!” – Holly
- Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
If you’re on a tight budget and just thinks of buying a grill that would service your purpose on just simply having your beef and lamb meats being just simply grilled, then this grill is for you. It is highly affordable, and the most fit for practical people who just wants to start off with a simple and basic grill that does it purpose on grilling meat. With just a couple of almost $200 you could have this basic grill that has a double wall built in construction, and has also with dual exhaust ports. It also has a door mounted temperature gauge for temperature check, and dual latches to secure and make the grill door always shut. Aside from that, it has front access water tray, grease cup for oil and wood chip tray for your wood chips. It measures 20.7 in W x 33.5 in H x 15 in D. and has only 1, 000-watt electric element in it.
Pros of Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker:
- Economically priced
- Larger cooking surface area than the Vertical Electric Smoker
- Dual exhaust ports provide
- Improved heat consistency
Cons of Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker:
- No viewing window
- No automated features for reloading wood chips or water
- Door does not have a handle
Satisfied User Takeaway: “I love this smoker. Historically I’ve been a fan of real wood and charcoal smoking. I’ve used the world famous “Big Green Egg” for well over a decade. That said, I bought this smoker on a whim to use while camping. It only weighs about 50 pounds so it’s easy enough to toss in the back of my truck and hit the road. After a few uses, I’ve got to say, I may not go back to my charcoal powered Big Green Egg. This little electric smoker is so incredibly easy to use that it’s a life changer…” – Bill
- Dyna-Glo DGU732SDE-D 30″ Digital Bluetooth Electric Smoker, Silver
For an additional option to choose from any of the electronic grill that you may want to have, this is a perfect one for you. Having the same functions of an electronic grill which has a digital temperature checker, and digital control panel display that can be able to track the internal temperature of the food without affecting the cooking process of your meat—because it’s pretty annoying you know if you have to know the temperature of the food but you can’t because the traditional grills won’t allow you for that but all thanks for all this digital electronic grillers which has now been invented for us to make sure our lives ae much more easier than before. So, there it is, it can allow you to see the temperature, control the temp, and has additional cooking options made for you just in case you would like to grill other foods such as sausages, ribs and many more.
Aside from those ones, it also has a perfect built in for wood chips an access water tank without affecting the some and the heat through its bottom access drawer. Sounds pretty amazing right? To protect your meat in not disturbing the process of smoking and cooking itself, it has an adjustable door latches and has a really very secured door seal lamp that helps a lot to minimize the smoke and loss of heat that would affect your cooking if they weren’t secured enough. You could have these functions at around for this only 1000-watt burner, in which it could generate a lot of cooking prowess and power especially in colder places or climates that might need additional warm and heat for its environmental temperature.
Pros of Dyna-Glo DGU732SDE-D 30″ Digital Bluetooth Electric Smoker:
- It is easy to use. User and beginner-friendly.
- It is economical and impressive space for food.
- Comes with meat probes for remote checking of how well-done the meat is.
Cons of Dyna-Glo DGU732SDE-D 30″ Digital Bluetooth Electric Smoker:
- It is quite expensive.
- Some people have had trouble with the Bluetooth app not working correctly.
Satisfied User Takeaway: “Very impressed with this smoker! It is easy to operate and adds a good amount on smoke. I would highly recommend this smoker. I have done a Boston butt and jerky and very pleased with the outcome.” – Jacob Spark
- Bradley Smoker BTDS108P 990223 Bradley Digital 6 Rack Smoker, 11.50″ L x 33″ H x 15″ W, Silver
Have some temperature control issues? This digital grill would allow you to have a hands-on control on your temperature. It is perfect as the most grill for temperature control. We all know that the key for a perfect grilled meat is all in its temperature. If a meat is set in a perfect temperature, then the meat will be in turn perfectly grilled as it is supposed to be. All you just have to do think of is setting the proper temperature so it is also an issue for all sophisticated meat grillers because the key to having perfectly grilled meat lies in all in its temperatures. Aside from that it is also made in highest quality material, so if you’re looking for a grill that’s carefully done and picked because of quality, sure this one is for you. It has 6 cooking racks that allows you to grill more food, and 8 hours of controlled cool smoke that won’t bother you. It can also be used to cook meat, chicken pork and fish, and has 9 different flavors of hardwood that helps for the texture and taste of your meat.
Pros of Bradley Digital Smoker BTDS108P 990223:
- Auto-off feature means that you’ll never have overcooked barbecue again
- Auto-feed system makes this a true set and forget electric smoker
- Contains two smoking elements so that you can not only control the heat, but can also choose how much smoke you want to have
- Works with a compatible smart-phone app for total control away from the unit
- Contains an ash catcher for easy clean up
- Quality stainless steel construction with commercial grade silicone to hold the heat and smoke well
- The Bradley briquettes are available in more than 16 flavors so you won’t be limited in what you can create with this electric smoker
Cons of Bradley Digital Smoker BTDS108P 990223:
- You need to commit to buying the Bradley briquettes to run this electric smoker or, learn how to make your own
- The heating element is a bit under-powered for the 6 rack model which means you may need to smoke at a lower and slower temperature
Satisfied User Takeaway: “I purchased my Bradley smoker as a Christmas gift to my family. I had been looking for a good way to smoke meat, and found this smoker to be highly recommended…
This smoker is easy to use, well supported, and much appreciated. I am happy to give them my highest endorsement.” – Waif
- Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker | Outdoor, 30-Inch, Black | MB20071117 Model
Are you worried of not being a skilled griller? Does future mistake bother you to start your new skill? Worry no more, because this digital electric smoker is perfect for both the beginner and the pro to achieve competition-ready results. Without much hassle, you can simply plug this in and set the digital controls. You could experiment with flavor through the patented side wood chip loader without opening the smoker door. And its four-chromed rack will let you smoke up to 2 turkeys, 6 chickens, 4 racks of ribs, and 4 pork butts. It also has a thermostat-temperature control so you can ensure an even and consistent smoking to make restaurant quality baby back ribs, chicken, beef short ribs, and more.
As for taste, you honestly couldn’t tell much of a difference between this smoker and a Weber bullet kettle unit that runs charcoal. As long as you’re minding your temp, pulling at the appropriate time and using a quality rub, you’re going to get good results. Three rounds of chips was more than enough for excellent flavor and penetration in a 12-hour, 6 pound brisket flat smoke. The unit’s sealed environment really traps smoke like a champ, arguably better than traditional units.
Tip: Boil some water and pour into the water pan when starting a smoke. The chip tray is between the heating element and the water pan, so it takes hours to get cold water steaming. Steam helps smoke adhere to meat, so boiled, steaming water right out of the gate is your friend. It makes a huge difference in the final product.
Pros of Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker:
- Excellent smoker body insulation – The Masterbuilt is better insulated than a lot of other cheap smokers, which helps maintain a consistent internal temperature and keeps operating costs down, especially in cold or windy conditions.
- Generous size to cost ratio – The 30 inch digital model comes with a generous 730 sq inches of cooking space, almost the same as the largest 22″ Weber Smokey Mountain.
- Convenient wood chip tray system – The chip tube system is a convenient way to add more chips without opening the door if you want to get more smoke.
- Great for cold smoking – You can turn your digital Masterbuilt smoker into a cold smoking machine with a cold smoking add-on kit.
Cons of Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker:
- Wood chip tray is on the small side – Will need to refill the chip tray, or you can always add a cheap pellet tube to amp up the smoke.
- Narrow width – The cooking racks are not quite big enough for the largest slabs of ribs or a big brisket without cutting or rolling them.
Satisfied User Takeaway: “This is all you could want or expect from an electric smoker. I’ve been extremely pleased with the results. So far, I’ve done ribs, brisket, whole chickens, chicken legs, chicken wings, peppers and corn in this thing, all with great results.” – MJS
- Cuisinart COS-330 Electric Smoker, 30″
If you are looking for a portable electric smoker, this is a perfect match for your interest. Weighing only 51.5 pounds, this smoker is light weight and easy to move. But it does mean you can’t smoke a variety of meats and vegetables, because it has a spacious 548 square inch interior in a vertical footprint that is perfect for patios and outdoor barbecue kitchens. This also allows you to arrange its three removable chrome racks for smoking whole birds and large cuts of meat. Its versatility makes smoking delicious foods easier than ever before, because it has a built-in thermometer on the front door that will help you monitor internal temperatures at a glance. Once you have loaded the meat and selected the temperature, you can walk away and relax with your friends—there’s never a need to add charcoal or tend to a fire to keep a consistent temperature. So get that smoky flavor without using a traditional charcoal smoker, and enjoy smoking for a large group of people, especially if you’re the one who throws a party.
Pros of Cuisinart COS-330 Electric Smoker:
- High quality build
- Powerful 1,500 watt heating element for optimal performance, even in cooler climates
- Tight seal around the door for minimal heat and smoke loss
- Decent cooking capacity which should suit most people’s needs
- Simple analog dial means there’s fewer components to break
- Large temperature range lets you adapt for what you’re smoking
- Removable racks give added flexibility for larger cuts
- Lightweight and easy to move with handles on the side
- Removable water and wood chip pan
- Affordable price
- Longer warranty than most electric smokers
Cons of Cuisinart COS-330 Electric Smoker:
- There’s only one door, so to add more water or wood chips you need to open the main cooking chamber, disrupting the heat and smoke levels inside
Satisfied User Takeaway: “This is a nice smoker with a fairly compact footprint. Great for small patios or decks. It was very easy to assemble taking me less than 1 hour to put it together…”
– Amazon Customer
- Presto 06014 Indoor Electric Smoker, 6 QT, Camo
Do you want to throw an indoor smoking and grilling party? Or just another indoor food trip for a circle of friends or a whole family? This electric smoker best works indoor to smoke delightful meats, poultry, seafood, and vegetables. It has soft-touch controls on the digital touchpad that let you select between a cold smoke, a hot smoke, or a combination of both to suit your smoked cuisine cravings. Hot smoke is ideal for beef, pork, chicken, and seafood. Cold smoke works best for cheese and vegetables and does not cook the food. While combo smoke infuses maximum smoky flavor and then cooks the food, great for larger cuts of meat. This camouflage-design exterior, 10.53-pound item uses readily available smoker wood chips in stainless steel charring cup such as hickory, apple, pecan, oak, maple, bourbon, and mesquite. It also has a three-tiered and handled rack for large capacity smoking and easy placement and removal of food. This has also become interesting because it has several recipes included for smoking ribs, brisket, turkey breast, salmon, cheese, pizza, eggs, salsa and more.
And yes, don’t worry of forgetting what is on the rack, because it has a timer with digital display which counts down the remaining smoking time. When cooking time is up, the alarm sounds and smoker automatically switches to keep warm. It also versatile because the tempered glass cover with gasket seals the smoker to minimize odor, allowing it to be used indoors.
Pros of Presto 06014 Indoor Electric Smoker:
- This indoor electric smoker works as both a smoker and pressure cooker
- It saves space.
- It has both hot and cold smoke settings, and combination of these.
- It is easy to use, user-friendly.
Cons of Presto 06014 Indoor Electric Smoker:
- It needs to be a little bit more sealed so that it did not leak quite as much smoke into the house.
Satisfied User Takeaway: “Wow! I have nothing negative to say about this smoker/slow cooker and have recommend it to all my friends. I love the size, easy clean, and that it has cold, hot, and combo smoke setting. I’ve smoked cheese and salmon using fruit wood chips, and brisket, chuck roast, rib eye steak, and corned beef with hickory chips, using the recommended time and smoke setting. All came out delicious!…” – Sheila
Pros and Cons: What to Consider When Shopping for Smokers
Using the trendy electric smoker is so relevant these days as it has a lot of cool features that could help you do the grilling in a new level. Grilling would never be a boring or tedious task anymore as it has an additional feature that could help you achieve the best grilled meat you had ever imagined. Given those circumstances, there will always be series of pros and cons as to why using them could be an advantage or a disadvantage. Knowing these are important and may help you realize, reflect, and understand if you would really like to have them or not. It would also allow you to know how you can be able to use them on some situations, or in some circumstances. Knowing about the pros and cons would help you understand, know and ask questions about as to which is really better and how to know if it’s better because our feelings won’t say that to us, otherwise we have these personal feelings toward things. Nevertheless, feelings can also be considered to know if you are comfortable to use these electronic smokers knowing what their pros and cons are.
- Convenience. Using electronic smokers are made for your own convenience. Using them, you don’t have to manually lit up a barbeque grill because it works using electricity. It is important that you know that they are safe enough to use by checking their plugs, cable wires, how they are made of, and run multiple tests first before actually using them. Electronic gadgets are dangerous to use compared to manual objects because it is solely run by electricity and if the cable wires and plugs are not properly placed, it might cause fire and later on lead to accidents. They are convenient enough but if you are not cautious enough, it might not get safe. Just make sure that the electronic smoker that you’re going to use is really made with quality. Making sure that it is made with quality is knowing how they work, and testing them. You would never know how good a thing is unless you test them. Nevertheless, it will always be made for your convenience to not get being dirty or doing much a lot of work compared to manual grills.
- Trendy and cool to use. If you are that person who’s always wanting to be always on the trend of all things, then this one is for you. Electronic smokers are in nowadays in the 21st century. If you want to be the person on your group whose kicking up some barbeque party, it would make and present you off as a well-off and trendy person when you use automatic grills. Convenience is the trend nowadays and most people would like things to set up automatically. Those things requires no effort, and that is the trend nowadays.
- Ease To Use. Some smokers are easy to use than others. If you’re the type of person that doesn’t want to have to constantly watch on your grill, or wants to be able to place your food on in the evening and get a night’s sleep while it’s cooking at a set temperature, you’ll want to consider a type of smoker that doesn’t require babysitting. If you think you’ll like the hands-on fun and experience of having to control a fire, and to tweak and manage temperatures manually, then look for a charcoal or wood burning option. If you want ‘set and forget’ hands off precision, where you can start a cook, set a temperature and then walk away for hours at a time, then go for an electric or pellet smoker. But it you want something in combination, they you might want to consider a gas.
- Portability. If you’re someone who may sometimes be invited to friends’ homes and cabins and want to be able to take your smoker with you. Or you might want to take it camping or on vacation. To do this, you’re going to want a smoker that can easily be carried in the bed of a pickup, or in the trunk of a car. You must consider the limits on how you can transport it to take it with you.
- Budget. Sometimes, we tend to settle for an appliance that catches our eyes and interests, but not our budget. Like anything we buy, typically the more we spend, the higher the quality will be. But consider to be realistic. Set a budget, and stick to it, and don’t be swayed by higher priced models that you really cannot afford. You can create fantastic food on models costing just a couple of hundred dollars, so don’t feel pressured to overspend.
- Inconsistent Quality. While the high-end units can be well assembled, the cheaper units found in your hardware store may not be as well constructed. Cheaper units might not hold heat well, leak smoke, making them hard to get consistent results.
- Lots of Monitoring. Some smokers require a lot of babysitting and monitoring. You may have to add fuel every hour that overnight smoke is going to be out of the question unless you don’t mind not sleeping. You better switch to “set it, forget it” trend.
- Temperature Hostage. It is really difficult for low-cost electric smokers to get to the correct temperature when it becomes cold outside. Heating elements on these smokers can only put out so much warmth, specifically, these are constructed for Low and Slow. If all of a sudden, you need these electric smokers to generate high heat to reward for cold outside temperatures, you will be dissatisfied. Low-cost electric smokers will also suffer under very windy environment.
- Capacity. Many electric smokers are constructed to be cheap and easy but are not designed for larger capacity preparation. Some of the popular smokers are great for chicken and sausages but are not spacious enough for a full slab of ribs without cutting them in half. So make sure you get a 40 inch electric smoker, if you want to smoke a full packer brisket or whole slabs of ribs, or else, you’ll not manage to prepare for a large scale cooks.
- Rain. Rain is another dangerous enemy of electric smokers. Obviously, because water and electricity will not combine well, and most of the time, a light rain will cause these smokers to throw a breaker or trip a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). You certainly don’t want to happen that, do you?
Electric Smoker Frequently Asked Questions
- Are electric smokers as good as charcoal?
Decide what your top priority is. If you’re after convenience above all else, go with an electric smoker. If you want the best smoky flavor at all costs, then you’ll want a charcoal meat smoker. If you mainly want convenience, but you’d like better flavor than the electric offers, get a propane smoker.
- How do electric smokers make smoke?
Electricity heats up an element at the bottom of the smoker. Wood chips are placed above the heating element where they can smolder.
- How long should wood chips last?
According to Masterbuilt, you should only add chips once and they should last for around an hour:
We recommend that you only put your smoking wood into the chip holder after the smoker has reached temperature and the heating light has turned off.
You only need to add wood chips once in most cases in the first 20 minutes or so, it should last for around 1 hour or so.
You will find that once the meat has started to cook it will seal in the juices and the smoke flavor that will continue to be absorbed into your meat. If you keep on adding smoke after that point it will build up on the outside of the meat and will make it very strong.
- Can you use an electric smoker in the house?
Electric smokers can absolutely be used indoors and any electric smoker will do, as long as it doesn’t use gas, charcoal or wood for fuel. Using highly combustible fuel in indoor grilling is unsafe so that’s why most people in small condo’s use an electric smoker grill.
- Do you have to soak wood chips before using them?
According to Napoleon, soaking your wood chips and chunks is not necessary and here’s why: (1) It takes more than 24 hours for a significant amount of moisture to penetrate the wood. (2) Soaked wood is producing steam. (3) Soaked wood will lower the smoker’s temperature.
Wood chips and wood chunks that have been soaked have need to remove any moisture before they can generate smokes. The water on the wood will need to heat to 212° F (water boiling point) until the water has been evaporated. Only then will it begin to smoke.
- How do you clean an electric smoker?
It’s vital to keep your electric smoker clean and dry after you use. Do not use a strong cleaner or large amounts of water. You just need is to wipe the surface after you use and eliminate any burnt food. When you keep the inside surface as dry as possible, it will help you avoid mold.
Many smoker owners use magic eraser pads from Mr. Clean to clean their smokers without chemicals. Another best trick to consider is to use a home made mix of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. You can also consider using alcohol.